ok. it’s store bought sauce. (Roberts Reserve). i feel like i’m taking more lazy shortcuts these days. i consoled myself by saying it’s ok! it’s test week! you dont have time to make everything from scratch but that doens’t mean you should skimp on flavor!
unfortunately R’s favorite part of the meal was the sauce. “did you make this sauce?! it’s really good.” and while i agree, it’s kind of hard to follow that up with “yea. no. i bought it. just kidding. i am amazing. no really. i bought it.”
which is exactly what i said.
no real recipe:
- pounded chops to tenderize then coated in a layer of the magic sauce.
- let it sit in the fridge for a few hours (not intentional. so dont know if this is paramount to flavor inFUSIon).
- dredged in a mix of cornstarch and panko
- pan fried and finished in the oven
- topped with more sauce
- served with roasted herb potatoes and shallot butter haricot verts, blanched then sauteed in pork fat. yum.